Stationary GSM phone
A stationary GSM phone or a GSM desk phone is a perfect mix of a mobile phone and a landline phone, and they’re almost like a large mobile phone. Yes, you heard it! With this phone you can connect a SIM card that allows to you connect to the mobile network. Or more specifically; the GSM network or the 2G network as it’s also called. However, depending on what SIM card you use, a GSM connection can be 2G, 3G, or 4G. Most stationary GSM phones today operate with 3G or 4G SIM in order to stay up to pace with business demands.
GSM (global system for mobile communications) uses mobile connection, and like a mobile phone, the phones use a SIM card to call rather than the office location’s internal network. This allows for easy set-up and mobility, it’s just plug and play. GSM network, what today is called 2G network, is the mobile network that has the absolute biggest coverage in Sweden due it’s much longer life span in Sweden than 3G and 4G network. The expansion of the GSM masts is therefore good enough for coverage of most in Sweden. With a landline GSM phone you can enjoy all of the amenities that a landline phone has to offer – even if you don’t have cable network for landline telephony where you live. You can also bring your landline GSM phone wherever you go, like your vacation spot, home or on the road within EU.
Stationary GSM phones are similar to VoIP phones in the fact that both are hosted by 3rd party providers. However, the difference is that GSM phones usually don’t have the same functionality as VoIP phones, and usually cost as much to operate.
- A stationary GSM phone can connect to the GSM network with a SIM card.
- For those who’d rather use a landline phone than a mobile phone.
- Skip charging battery; it’s directly connected to the power outlet.
- GSM network has the best mobile coverage in Sweden.
- You can also send and receive texts.
- You can activate the speaker function for handsfree calls.
- Also comes with battery for those who temporarily would like to bring the phone with them.
Benefits of a landline GSM phone
Despite of mobile phones completely ruling the phone market, there are still people who prefer a landline phone. In addition, there are also people who appreciate talking on a landline phone instead of walking around with a mobile phone that has to be charged. A landline GSM phone is for those individuals and situations.
There are many different models. Their main function is that they’re placed in a location intended for communication. Therefore, it may be a great idea for companies that have offices with employees working in shifts. In that way the phone is always in the same spot and won’t disappear.
With the ability to connect a SIM card you also have a lot of freedom in using it for a mobile phone if you have a temporary business trip. The SIM card also allows you to be connected to the GSM network which means you have possibility to place the phone wherever you want.
Landline telephony with many solutions
Since GSM network allow communication via SMS, most GSM phones have an easy screen where you can send and receive texts. This screen is on the unit that you place your phone on, so that you can talk and hear a call while also viewing the screen.
Some of these units offer the ability to temporarily bring the landline phone without loosing power. The power is received through the built-in battery and because the connection is through the GSM network, you can unplug the power cable and continue your call. This can therefore be very useful if you need to move the call to a more private place.
With a landline GSM phone you can always be certain that you can perform phone calls in different locations than through copper lines that have geographic limitations. GSM network is more developed than classic copper lines.
Different types of stationary GSM phones
When it comes to technology, the cost is usually equivalent to what you’ll get and the same goes to day for stationary GSM phones. While they are a basic phone handsets, if you pay a little more they can have enough functionality to be considered a smartphone. Below are a few different types of stationary GSM phones.
- Standard stationary GSM phone: These phones suit smaller and start-up businesses where your office usually is small or just consists of a room. The phones are usually fairly cheap and the functionally is also fairly basic. The phones usually support 2G network and has the ability to hold, forward and store calls. You can also text with these and store roughly 250 messages.
- Smart GSM Desk Phone: These are a little more pricey but also offer more functionality than the standard type. They can usually sync up to your Google and Microsoft account with the Cloud. They also allow call conference, barring, and silencing calls which is ideal for smaller companies looking for a professional telephony system.
- Android GSM Desk Phones: These offer the absolute latest in GSM technology and are way more similar to owning an actual smartphone, just a lot bigger! In addition to calls, they can also connect to internet in order to download apps from Google. This allows for useful apps such as Skype, WhatsApp or email – right in your phone. You can also of course use the basic functions like the 2 above but the phone overall comes at a higher price.
Next up for stationary GSM phones
GSM desk phones are relatively easy to get hold of, and the majority of mobile phone companies offer basic SIM plans. Since they are easy to acquire and the same goes to say for basic SIM plans. VoIP however allows you to create a completely tailored solutions according to business needs. This also means that the cost is more tailored too. VoIP phones also allows you to unify all your communication in one place, such as; emails, text, calls. This is particularly useful for expanding businesses whereas keeping track of customer interaction is crucial. You can also integrate your mobile phone inthe the system and thus call your customer from the same number, no matter what device you’re using. However, this doesn’t mean that desk phones don’t have their rightful place in the market. It’s a cheap and convenient way to organize business telephony and the Android stationary GSM phones can offer similar functionality through apps such as Skype.