Name: Mikael Hedman
Role: Operation Technician
4 quick questions
- Lunchbox or lunch out? Preferably out but since I exercise during lunch, lunchbox it is.
- Run in the mountains or on the beach? Always in the mountains, you feel so little between those big mountain tops.
- Soy protein or beans? Beans are good.
- Stand or sit and work? I’ll have to say standing since all of support/operation is standing right now.
The role and Soluno
- What does your role entail? I work in the operation department and my responsibilities consist of making sure that the systems work as they should. Right now we have a big migration and have been working out a plan so that customers aren’t affected by any downtime. Lately there have been a lot of security work due to many wanting to access our systems. We’ve made it even more difficult for them but it’s a continuous work to always be one step ahead.
- Why did you start working at Soluno? I actually started at Teledesign once upon a time that later became Uno Telefoni, that coupled wiht Solus became Soluno. I started as a telecom technician like 20 years ago and like everyone else I had to travel to Kista every morning because all telecom operations were located there. But I always saw this Jeep wrangler outside of my window where I lived and it had a big fat Teledesign logo on it. By accident i stumbled upon their website and checked for occupancies and saw a text; Looking for a technician with ambition to evolve” and the Teledesign logo. I looked up the company and saw that it was located in Hammarby Sjöstad which was perfect because it’s also where I live. A mail and an effective interview later, it was a sealed deal.
- What is the craziest thing you’ve experienced at work? It’s probably when we found out that the early christmas dinner consisted of packing a warm jacket, passport and swim trunks. That was all we knew beforehand and then we headed off to Arlanda and with the mandatory beer we found out that we were going to Iceland. A crazy fun trip!
- What do you look forward to this upcoming fall? This fall I’m heading out on a long adventure. I’m running from Gothenburg down to Båstad (32 miles). There is no real path to follow, but you should have water on your right side and in several passthroughs you have to swim to get further. Energy etc you bring or buy at a local tanking station or store. It’ll be tough but that’s how I like it.
- What motivates you the most at work? It’s always fun to be at work and I hope for many more years to come with Soluno.
- Favourite colleague? I like them all but I work really well with Mattias and Stefan so I’d have to say them.
- Tips for Soluno newcomers? If you’re wondering anything just come over and ask!