- Name: Mark van Dullink
- Nickname: “Markie”
- Department: Service Operations, Service Management and Marketing
- Role: Manager
4 quick questions
- Milk or sugar in your coffee? No milk or sugar. Just coffee
- Sweatpants or suit? Definitely both!
- Office dog or office cat? Office cat
- Lunchbox or lunch out? Lunch out
The role and Soluno
- What do you do in your role? As I am working on three different layers within Soluno BC Rotterdam, I have a wide variety of things I do. Managing Service Operations makes me responsible for the general well-being of all my colleagues who are supporting the different services we provide. I try my best to help them with their individual ambitions and skills and utilizing these to contribute to the organizational goals. Service Management requires me to focus on the general quality of our services and using smart processes and reporting (and improving where/if possible) to create and maintain stability on the service level agreements we have with our customers. And for Marketing, last but certainly not least, I take care of the Dutch Soluno website, graphic design (online & offline) and other commercially related items. Never a dull moment for me!
- Why did you start at Soluno? After working for almost 13 years at a corporate, the time was right for me to switch to a company where I could identify myself with on a more personal level. Sincere, daring, challenger, service oriented and more execution power. After 1,5 year I can tell you, I came to the right place!
- What is the craziest thing you’ve experienced at work? A lot of crazy things happen around here but if I have to choose it would be the Soluno insourcing program, or as we call it the Soluno Academy. We successfully placed 3 employees on our payroll and insourced them to one of our partners on a full-time basis. Although this is not our core business we like to think this is a great example of how we like to provide extended service to our partners. There are many benefits of adding this type of service to our portfolio whereas increasing the quality of a working-relationship between organizations is probably the biggest. We’re very proud of this accomplishment!
- What do you look forward to the most this winter? Way too many things! On a personal level it is finding a new house together with my girlfriend Claire, the annual holidays and of course those super cold days forcing me to stay inside, getting fat and playing videogames (still PUBG) with my friends and family. Workwise, I’m really looking forward to expanding the Soluno Academy, obtaining a high score through our Customer Experience program and rebooting our marketing strategy to align more with our mission and vision for 2020/2021.
- What motivates you the most at work? Getting the job done, helping out others, thinking of smarter processes to make life a little easier for all of us. But most importantly, share a laugh every day. I really stand by the famous quote “A day without laughter, is a day wasted”.
- Favourite colleague? Honestly, I like all of the colleagues working here at Soluno Rotterdam. I’m grateful for being able to work, laugh and achieve successes together.
- Tips for Soluno new-comers? Work hard, play hard. It may sound cliché but it’s really the mentality here in Rotterdam.